County hates my yota too

Darby

I own a house that I rented for a year and they trashed it, never mowed, ruined the floors and the walls, kicked out window and doors etc. I need to move back in since I can't sell it in this economy so I'm in there fixing it up and doing a little remodeling. Couple weeks back I moved my toyota into the back yard to do a cab swap. And I dropped my doner cab at the end of the driveway next to the house. You can see the doner cab but not my complete truck (very dented) from the street. I don't keep any other vehicles there and I've been working VERY hard on improving the property again, removed all the trash, mowing and such. So, with my luck somebody allready turned me in to the county for having an "inoperable vehicle" on the property. Everyone hates my toyota.

Anyway, it's in a bad neighborhood, broken down cars everywhere, bad streets, no sidewalks blah blah. It was there for less than a week before someone filled a complaint. With all the work on the house I'm only part way through my swap (where is the title and key Spring85!!) My County Enforcement Officer was less than nice to me over the phone. I guess there's a law that states you must work on vehicles behind a closed garage. I explained myself and my hobby and was very polite. I asked questions which only seemed to make her more irritated with my white trash self. She boiled it down for me like this, I cannot work on my truck in my carport, under an easy up, in the back yard or anywhere on my property. I cannot keep vehicles there that look like my toyota becuase they bring down property value and she will give me 2 weeks to get it out of there. She also said, in situtations like mine it's not uncommon to see the fines double and triple before I comply :eeek:

I understand the intent, that the county doesn't want wrecked cars bringing down property value. It's just so fitting that here I am working to fix the place up. And although my toyota might be an eye sore it is a sweet machine in my eyes.

She's coming out in a week and a half now and I'm sure I won't be done by then. I need this house done more than I need a running toyota right now. Anybody else have the county on their case for their projects before? How much are the fines? Are they going to continue to follow up on me now that I came off as a problem child? I've owned this house for 8 years, WTF am I going to do next time I want to work on my truck!! Is this wrong or am I just a total ASS?

Darby

Can't you tarp it up, like its being "stored" and not worked on?

Nope, I asked. It's parked on a concrete slab so I asked about an easy up I could erect over it. She said, "oh, like the kind at Costco?" I say, "ya!" She says, "no." I might have gotten away with the stored thing but I've allready told on myself now by being upfront and honest with her.

ZedMikey

The county has a law stating you can only work on your vehicles in a closed garage?

*marks North Bend down with the other places not to live...*

Money Mark

Drop it off at my place Darby. Seriously.:awesomework: I have the space and neighbors that don't hassle me.

Not Jobless

Mr Funbags
What's the law they're reffering too? I'd go find it...usually there are provisions, gray area and loop holes which of course they do nottell you about.

Binder

So the truck doesn't run? What EXACTLY are they bitching about? If I were you I would find out what law it is they think you're breaking and read the details. Don't take her word for it..............
Years ago I had a DD beater pickup truck that was a bit loud and ugly. My neighbors tried to get it impounded while parked in the public parking strip. The police tried to BS me into believing I was breaking the law somehow but after doing some research I learned that I was not breaking any laws.........After that I made a point of parking that truck directly in front of the neighbors and let it warm up for a looooong time before going to work at 5:00 AM.:awesomework:

cisco

It seems you can do almost whatever you want until a neighbor complains then the local enforcers have to do something about it.

Sounds like the path of least resistance is to stash it somewhere else while you focus on finishing the house.

Darby

Drop it off at my place Darby. Seriously.:awesomework: I have the space and neighbors that don't hassle me.

Thanks for the offer Mark. :awesomework: I don't want to inflict my problem on any of my friends though. I'll be done with the cab swap here at some point and then I'll work on a spot to keep my truck and trailer. Once the heat dies down a little then I'll try bringing over my other trucks first and see how it goes.

The irony here is I've been working so hard at fixing this place up and now i get turned into the county. I still have a rental house we're staying at and the Landlord hates my yota there too.

When It's done, I'm naming it "the hater" for sure now. I'm just gonna angle grind it right onto the side. This truck has generated more ill will than even my stunt bikes.

Darby

Good point on researching the laws. I'll look into that. I live in King County.

The truck runs great but the cab is all busted up from following Money around.

I'm trying not to make things worse for myself so I will stay polite and get it outa there as soon as time permits. But this county lady assinged to my case seems fed up allready with guys like me, long before I even opened my mouth.

nowires

Good point on researching the laws. I'll look into that. I live in King County.

The truck runs great but the cab is all busted up from following Money around.

I'm trying not to make things worse for myself so I will stay polite and get it outa there as soon as time permits. But this county lady assinged to my case seems fed up allready with guys like me, long before I even opened my mouth.

Her name wouldn't be Brenda wood would it

Darby

I looked into the Codes. They have me on several items.

1. Wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicle stored on property
2. Said wrecked vehicles must be stored within a building..... and mines not
3. Working on said vehicle without it being stored in a building

And, now that I have had prior contact if I get turned in again later down the road, I will fall into a different high risk catagory that inables them to take prompt action against me.

nevada

id tell her to fuck off. once she starts paying the damn house payment, she could tell me how to use my property.
i dont give a shit what the "law" says. they can blow me.

Latest posts