Drug commercials

crash

-Oh no I picked a side-
So another thread reminded me of something that drives me up the wall and I am sure many others too.

These stupid commercials about this kind of drug or that. First off you need a prescription for just about every one on tv. Isn't prescribing the right drug something a "good" doctor should be doing and not the damn tv?

Fawking stupid if you ask me.....

boardbysled

Tree Nerd.
Havent been to the doc sense I broke my arm 5 years ago. I got a cut from an ice auger on my leg last winter that was 3" long and was .5" across, didnt go to the doctor even though I have medical, saw no reason to. I just kept 'er bandaged up, kept it clean, sure I got a scar, but paying $20 in bandages is better than a $100 co-pay.

As for medicines, dont take any, refuse to take any "cold" or "cough" medicines. The only one I will take is a few IBprofin here and there, and maybe a tums or two.

Pharmaceuticals are a HUGE big buisness, much like Wall Street, where profits are high, and consumers suffer the costs of these profits.

Last edited:

Big_MARK

I always get a laugh at the end of the ad when they describe the possible side effect, especially when the side effects sound worse than the problem they are trying to cure!! :haha:

Bodaciouscj7

I always get a laugh at the end of the ad when they describe the possible side effect, especially when the side effects sound worse than the problem they are trying to cure!! :haha:

One of the best I have heard is for Advair, an asthma med. One of the possible side effects is asthma related death:looser:

Spanaway Mudder

Funny vid... Iam not a Ron Paul supporter, so leave the politics for another thread....

Just thought of this thread when i watched this today...:awesomework::cool:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2sLSWXOOM&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Totalled

That Ford Guy
The side effects are worse than the depression! :haha:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/25fGWKZFLIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chainsaw

As for medicines, dont take any, refuse to take any "cold" or "cough" medicines. The only one I will take is a few IBprofin here and there, and maybe a tums or two.

And if you had any idea how bad IB is for your kidneys and pancreas you would switch to asprin!

junkyard jim

Especially the "and death may occur" as a side effect. Gotta cover ALL bases don't they?

Latest posts