So when I originally did the hood mount where it meets the body panels I used some button head bolts with the intention of doing some DZUS fasteners. I had never used them before and found they were pretty easy to work with. So that was now all done.
So been buzzing around my place and playing in the ditch to check clearances and just get a feel for it. I am really happy that I cannot see any issues and the damn thing just feels so well balanced...
So onto the issues that I have found---in the big picture pretty small really but would require a lil work. The first was I found the trans shifter hitting the t-case shifters. I really liked where t-case shifters are so I chose to pull the trans shifter and bend the shaft 15 degrees. After figuring out how I got it all together the first time it made removing the shifter assy much easier. Will see how that goes..
The next was the brake pedals. I was really happy and felt very comfortable with how they were situated except when doing a front burn I had little contact on the pedal. So I just extended the pedal out a bit and now feels pretty good. It will probably be a lil tough to do a rear burn but I figure I will have to rarely do it and felt the outer pedal was ok.
The last was my steering wheel. I was not happy with how it was situated and was in my way of seeing the hood edge. My only choice was to remove the orbital mount and luckily I had an extra stocked away. So once done--I was way more happy with it and still didn't interfere with my legs..
So I have always been a firm believer in being self sufficient and prepared. My original idea was to mount the fire extinguisher inside the cab on one of the panels but there was no good place for it. So I got a drake mount and mounted it to the rear cross brace tube,,
So was not impressed with the speakers I had used--they just sounded awful. So I got some regular car speakers (and added passive crossovers) and it sounds SOOOO much better now. I figure my speakers in my toy lasted 9 years and they were in a worse position these should be fine.
So I am waiting for my factor 55 thimbles to show up for both front/rear winches and the only thing I need to figure out--it a cup holder of some sort... Hoping to take it out sunday for a little testing....