Fireman's corner (next edition)

Darby

Dispatched to a "Cardiac Aresst" call today. Coarse that means we drive a little faster and get in the, lets go save a life mind set. Turns out I should have been in the, hold your fucking food down whoa this is bad mind set, but I'll get to that in a minute.

No one had heard from this guy in a few days so when his family went over to check on him they could see him down in the hallway and he wasn't moving so they called 911. He lives in a known "path house" in the city. A path house is where they never throw away anything and they stack things from floor to ceiling and leave a little path so they can walk through. Now, you can't even see the walls! Stuff cramed everywhere. So much so that only one person can enter through the door at a time and only one of us could squeeze through the hallway to get to him. Being a go getter I rush right in with my aid kits and defibulator and was hoping to perform CPR. It's a dark path so I can't see very well and when I reach out and touch him he's cold, really cold. No CPR is going to save you when your allready cold. I let me Lt know and we call of the calvery. Thats when I decide to use my light and take a closer look. Did he fall down the stairs, cause I think I see some facial trauma? No, thats not trauma!! Oh, it's his nose, it's gone because something ate it off! Something has been feeding off this guy and he's been here for awhile :puke: It took his nose completely off and a good strip of flesh from his arm. Was horrible. I feel bad for his family.

Never seen that before! He doesn't own any pets either so.........

crash

-Oh no I picked a side-
Thanks for sharing Darby. Enjoy your stories, good or bad. Well not really stories but occurrences through your job

toyman2

thats gross,ive only had one cold one but ive never seen one eaten or decaying

toyman2

I hope you get payed really well.

i hope he does to,as a volinteer in my erea i do it for $9 a call and it doesnt matter how long the call last.this is also where everybody starts though

TooRisky

Thats friggin it, put off spring cleaning cause it was so nice...Pulling on the gloves and triple AAA cleaning this joint tomarrow....

Darby

I hope you get payed really well.

Pay is OK. I'm happy and feel fortunate to have a job in todays economy. My buds in construction make more but they don't always get full benefits and a lot are laid off right now.

toyman2, volunteers are a good thing! 9 bucks a call is nothing, but thats whats rad about volunteers. They don't do it for money, they do it because they want to help people and make a difference in the community. And you are right, we ALL started as volunteers. Only way to gain any expierence and see if you enjoy the work. Hats off to you :awesomework: I volunteered for 2 years before I got picked up.

Today's call was a little out of the ordinary. I felt like I was in the movie, seven, when I realized something had been feeding off him. It's all good now but I was a little un-nerved for a few minutes

Latest posts