Firemans corner

Darby

We had the distinct displeasure of responding to that roll over accident on I90 near Snoqualmie Pass tonight. 6 guys ejected, 1 dead, 2 sent with airlift and the other 3 went with aid cars to hospitals with a variety of injuries. Closed I90 so airlift could land in the middle of the lanes, thats always exciting. They all had 1 thing in common, No seat belts. Duh, they save lives, put them on please! I'm not venting cause the scene was super bad or traumatizing or anything, just thought id pass on the reminder to buckle up. We see all kinds of crap on this death corridor, but a whole van load without belts, WTF?

On a side note, if you don't buckle up but are wasted drunk, you'll probably be allright then too. Not a cliche' we see it all the damn time, "protected by alcohol" If you get in a super bad wreck your best chance is to be way drunk. Weird how it always works out that way, wish it wasn't true, but it is. Drunk hits another car head on, wipes them out, drunk will have a broken ankle or nothing at all. These guys were all injured, or dead, so they were sober! Life is twisted.

It's all over the news if you catch it tonight. I'd rather go than not, atleast then you get to help. There was an injured climber up on little Si today who fell right where Mark and I climb, we got left out on that one :mad: which sucks cause we are all rope rescue guru's and thats my playground, but atleast we got to help a little with the roll over.

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
Sad, but true on the drunk thing....Thanks for what you do Darb...:awesomework:

k2blazen

One of My family members at my house and he takes care of that there on I90 he got a phone call but passed it down to the next company to state patrol watching the news a bit ago ,small world,crazy his BOSS IS NOT HAPPY.

Money Mark

There was an injured climber up on little Si today who fell right where Mark and I climb,.....

I think about this (injured climbers, us) all the time. If you climb, you'll fall. For us......so far, so good.

Seat belts? I never drive or ride without them.:awesomework:

crapyota

always wear my belt,and preach it to everyone... it has saved my life!!!

thank you Darby for what you do!! my son is a junior firefighter explorer here in north county fire ems..he has been doing it for over a year,and is going all out on this for a career. even when he hears the stories from others... again thank you.

Darby

I think about this (injured climbers, us) all the time. If you climb, you'll fall. For us......so far, so good.

Seat belts? I never drive or ride without them.:awesomework:

Sounds like he fell on the Reptiles and Amphetemines route, the 5.9 we climbed a couple weeks back. Really highlites the need for self rescue. Took them more than 4 hours I think to get him down the mtn. And they had to call in SAR because of the height and width of the belay ledge, so that means there was alot of waiting around. I'm gonna guess that either his belayer droped him or he missed the 2nd clip. Id like to think that even with a busted leg we'd atleast get ourselves lowered back to flat ground before help arrived. Waiting on others to rescue you would not be much fun

Latest posts