how to pick up an abandoned jeep

nwgrand

there is a jeep cherokee sitting in a parking lot where i carpool from. It's been there for at least a month (as long as i've been carpooling). It has not moved the entire time, even weekends. I emailed wsp no response yet. Is there any way i could pick it up and public notice it or something. I'd like to have it.

CHOP SHOP

Or call the tow yard and have it impounded, then wait a month and fight all the cheapos and russians and bid on it at the tow auction.

BobR

there is a jeep cherokee sitting in a parking lot where i carpool from. It's been there for at least a month (as long as i've been carpooling). It has not moved the entire time, even weekends. I emailed wsp no response yet. Is there any way i could pick it up and public notice it or something. I'd like to have it.

chances are that jeep is either

A)stolen and dumped there and the local LEOs are not doing there job OR

B) it is being stored by the rightful owner there illegally

either way taking it or anything from it is stealing.

Bob

jeffs_62

Get some shoe polish and write "for sale" on it and put your phone number on it. I'll bet the owner calls you and then you can ask him/her.

Crazy Daze

Find a police officer/DMV worker that will run the plate or VIN and tell you the name/address of the registered owner.

Avanteone

DOL public disclosure. Write 'em and ask why you want the info, get registered owner name and address, write 'em a letter and see if they respond.... or, basically, NO. :redneck:

WHITE TRASH

fruit stripe
It's a GM column all it takes is a 1/8" punch and hammer then a long flat tip screwdriver to drive it home...

Good luck with that route though. :redneck:

wheelinjp

hey if it is unlocked just find the registration inside and look the people up. haha I wouldnt steal it though, jail sucks. I like the for sale sign idea, that'll get their attention. Seriously though just move on, it isnt yours, and unless you can find the owners, you cant buy it. :eeek:

nwgrand

I'm not gonna steel it, i was just courious if someone could do this, kinda like an impound company would, i pretty much knew the answer but though i'd ask anyway. There is no residential around the area so i doubt someone storing it there. I like the phone # idea but i'm sure it will be impounded then. I have a impound by my house, ill talk to them.

Latest posts