King county SUCKS

nwgrand

My dad bought a house a few yrs ago, king co is now saying he has to tear down buildings and permit to rebuild. The house and buildings were built in the 70's. My dad said there is a long list of this at the building dept right now, way to take advantage of the people in tough times.

boxboy

can I be your friend...
their just trying to keep their jobs and generate revenue:looser:

nwgrand

I'd move in a heart beat, wife want to let the kids finish school first. My dad likes it over here, he'll just deal w/it.

pokey

just me
Its not just King county. Its happening all over the place. Since new construction is almost at a standstill the building depts. are looking for new revenue streams. All of the larger counties do aerial scans and look for changes or just things that don't look right. When they see them they send someone out to inspect. Even though he may have bought the place with these "non permitted structures" he's still on the hook to bring them up to code. To many people don't have proper inspections done when they buy a house they just consider since its already there it must be ok. a good real-estate agent or home inspector should have caught these issues.

Money Mark

As they say, "buyer beware".

It's not right what happened but it's still the current owners responsibility.

Jaydog

That just goes to show that you never "own" your property, you just lease it from the government.

Clark

If the buildings really are that old, you might be able to get them grandfathered in. I'd definately look into it before tearing it all down.

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
If the buildings in question were never permitted, it'd be tough getting them grandfathered....if they were permitted back then, this thread wouldn't exist...

Binder

If you buy property and the deed doesn't list all of the structures that are there you may want to start asking questions...
I don't know if you can but I would check into as built permits.

NotSoPC

Should have seen if they were good to go before buying the place. I have seen this happen a few times and you kinda get the shaft. Just rebuild it as a poll unit that can be moved by hand and they cant do shit. :awesomework:

Latest posts