My next river trip

Darby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSXSxC8xjx4&feature=related

or my last by the look of it

It's the Lochsa, or pronounced lock-saw. It will be the worst/best river I've done if I can pull off the logistics. It's hard to get other guides to commit to the trip because of the severity. Class 4-5 rapids, Big water and lots of scary vortex's of death. I just got off the phone with a friend who's run it and if I wasn't scared before, I am now. The rapid in the video is obviously huge but doesn't look to pose any huge threats of wraps or keepers. The rest of the river sounds more, well, sacry and intense. The biggest river I've done is the Thompson in Canada and my friend said it's like the Thompson x10.
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Any other expierenced rafters on here? We need a couple more boats to make it a safe......er float. It's in Idaho and we're planning on hitting some other fun rivers while we're there if things work out.

On a fun side note, I'm taking Pumpy, Gowin, Pickle and Griffin down the Wenatchee in a couple weeks. Should be a fun time out of the woods for a change.

pokey

just me
I have a creek like that by my house the kids play in :haha: seriously though that looks pretty intense and a lot of work :eeek:

2slow4you

The funniest part... The people laughing on the shore while people are bring thrown into a death trap! :haha:

I'm down, Every summer my buddies and I Tube every river we can get our hands on. Usually with many beers in hand though... I might not resurface on a river like that. :awesomework:

WTF was that triangle thing?

Last edited:

Darby

The funniest part... The people laughing on the shore while people are bring thrown into a death trap! :haha:

I'm down, Every summer my buddies and I Tube every river we can get our hands on. Usually with many beers in hand though... I might not resurface on a river like that. :awesomework:

WTF was that triangle thing?

I'm on a swift water rescue team, and it's the dude's in inner tubes drinking beer that die!! 2-3 years ago we cut a guy loose who's rope to his inner tube holding the cooler had wrapped around a rock and his leg, and then pulled him under. He died. Don't use ropes, ever.

That weird raft in the vid is a new rescue type raft that won't flip upside down. Looks like cheating to me.

Money, does this mean if I have room in the boat on the Wenatchee that your not interested? Seriously, I spank the money lines :haha:

2slow4you

I'm on a swift water rescue team, and it's the dude's in inner tubes drinking beer that die!! 2-3 years ago we cut a guy loose who's rope to his inner tube holding the cooler had wrapped around a rock and his leg, and then pulled him under. He died. Don't use ropes, ever.

That weird raft in the vid is a new rescue type raft that won't flip upside down. Looks like cheating to me.

Money, does this mean if I have room in the boat on the Wenatchee that your not interested? Seriously, I spank the money lines :haha:

Wasn't that on the snoqualmie? I'm pretty sure I was downstream when that happened. As contridicting as this may sound, we're very safe when floating, No coolers, spare seats, sunblock... :redneck:

Spanaway Mudder

I got my ass kicked on the Sky last summer going down boulder drop:redneck:....

Shane at Chinook expeditions invited me to take a couple runs with him this summer..:awesomework:

IAM GAME!!! Lets make this happen!!:awesomework:

I figure if I die doing what I love..then it was well worth it!!!:D

JTR

inflatables w/ rollbars...cool!

cept im a big puss when it comes to rivers, cant breathe let alone swim when the waters that damn cold haha

Spanaway Mudder

inflatables w/ rollbars...cool!

cept im a big puss when it comes to rivers, cant breathe let alone swim when the waters that damn cold haha
:gay::rb:sissy!!

:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Wet suits are your friend!!!:awesomework::D

Drifter

Ran a lot of river in Oregon, Most of the time in a wood Don Hill driftboat. Filled it up but never flipped it. I Did a lot of hunting and fishing with Don over the years.

zig80toy

<------ Love rafting

My Avatar is a pick of me and some buddies on the While Salmon River.
I don't have any of my own gear or anything, I always book a trip and go with guides. White Salmon is a great river. I also recommend the Tieton River. Very fast and technical. Both these rivers i would NOT do in a inner tube. You want to be seated upright and able to steer.

rivercat

hey darb... ment to ask if you ever made it over to the Lochsa... i talked with Denis alot about that trip/river on our drive down to the Rogue in early May, i've been wanting to step it up a notch in the ol' Hyside. I think the WhiteSalmon still has some water left in it.....

Latest posts