OMG I hate Windows 8!!!!!!

Zoediak

I would if I could.

If you have a 'bootable' version of windows7 (eaither on disk or USB device), you can just boot to it, delete any existing partitions, quick format, create new partition and load a fresh copy of windows..

easy-peasy...

I personally am not a huge fan of the Win8 on anything without a touch screen, and I don't like the fact that you have to purchase media center seperately. So if you are planning on changing out your media center pc to this.. expect it not to work unless you buy the license for MC too... oh.. and also you need to use a seperate DVD program to play DVD's, as even the Win8 Pro version does not include that option.

Big_MARK

Rick, Jason told me about your problems this a.m., hit me up if you would like some help. I'm pretty sure I owe you some labor for the shock assistance and should be able to make that Windows 7 install work fer you.

03 CON

maybe its not
Dang this Rum and coke is the bestest, and the samich is sooooo good....:cheer:
How things going my short lil red headed buddy?:hi:

Binder

Welp I just got home from gvetting much help from some clown down the street. Thanks Jason!:beer:
Got windows 8 gone and win 7 working. Right now just doing some updates...
Thing is he didn't do anything different than I tried just when he pushed the button it did something.:eeek: Just proves the computer doesn"t like me but that's OK cuz I won"t feel bad when I empty a clip on it.:redneck:

03 CON

maybe its not
Welp I just got home from gvetting much help from some clown down the street. Thanks Jason!:beer:
Got windows 8 gone and win 7 working. Right now just doing some updates...
Thing is he didn't do anything different than I tried just when he pushed the button it did something.:eeek: Just proves the computer doesn"t like me but that's OK cuz I won"t feel bad when I empty a clip on it.:redneck:

Just admit it, cracker out web wheeled ya....:haha:

Big_MARK

FYI working on Trevors Nephews Toshiba Laptop today, the NIC Driver is Atheros, the WiFi is Realtek. IF there are still missing =drivers after your updatefest let me know, i've now spent time on Toshiba's SWEET drivers site and can pbbly make sense of it fer ya!

Binder

FYI working on Trevors Nephews Toshiba Laptop today, the NIC Driver is Atheros, the WiFi is Realtek. IF there are still missing =drivers after your updatefest let me know, i've now spent time on Toshiba's SWEET drivers site and can pbbly make sense of it fer ya!

Still missing "network controller" and "SM bus controller" whatever those are. End effect is I still have no wifi.
Thanks Mark!:beer:

crash

-Oh no I picked a side-
So the father in law got a new laptop and of course with windows 8. I had to go over to get his wireless printer setup. OMG I was flippin lost trying to navigate that new OS....

Since the setup cd didn't autostart it took me forever to get an explorer window open to access the contents of the drive...

CrustyJeep

I've been running Win8 for a few weeks now. I don't see the huge problem :confused: Yeah, the start screen sucks and the start menu was better, but otherwise it's just Win7 with some of the desktop effects (like transparency) turned off.

Zoediak

So the father in law got a new laptop and of course with windows 8. I had to go over to get his wireless printer setup. OMG I was flippin lost trying to navigate that new OS....

Since the setup cd didn't autostart it took me forever to get an explorer window open to access the contents of the drive...

windows shortcuts help speed things up with that OS...

"Windows key + E" will bring up your explorer browser to view system files...

NotMatt

I've been running Win8 for a few weeks now. I don't see the huge problem :confused: Yeah, the start screen sucks and the start menu was better, but otherwise it's just Win7 with some of the desktop effects (like transparency) turned off.

All the more reason I'm happy we're not upgrading to it. I have at least five people ask me about Windows 8 every day... bitch please, we're barely updated to Windows 7 and we still have at least 200 XP machines hanging out there. :flipoff:

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
We are not upgrading to Win 8 on the desktops. I have the 128G Surface Pro though, and after using it I can see where Microsoft was going with Win 8. The more I use it on the Surface the more I like it.

crash

-Oh no I picked a side-
We can't run windows 8 since we recently got all our apps approved to operate under windows 7 and good reason why I have a couple copies of windows 7 for future use :awesomework:

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
I will say if you are using Win 8 you can make your life easier by learning the keyboard shortcuts as mentioned before. I would almost recommend making a desktop backround with them on it so you can learn them. It makes the experience much better.

If all else fails, [windows key] + [x] is your friend.

Here is a simple list

W81.png

More detailed and complicated

4667.Keyboard_2D00_shortcuts_2D00_for_2D00_Windows_2D00_8_5F00_5756566F.png

Last edited: