What are you up to today?

Trainwreckinseattle

mr tool shed
Ordered up 50 or so dvds off ebay, a few books, and let the rest of society melt away.. Finished reading "Hatchet" today so the companion movie "A cry in the wild" is the movie for tonight.
Next book up is "Old Yeller"

Blackbeard

Administrator
I don't even think I have a DVD player anywhere anymore. Just movies on my mac mini. I need to take up a new book.

ChrisStewart

Just got done getting a grocery store back online with their refrigeration. Off to my compound to self isolate just like the last 10 years.

leadfoot067

installed a set of PRP seats and belts in a wrangler this morning and fixed the fuel gauge. put the wifes tacoma on the lift and removed all the gravel and stuff from the skidplates from hunting season, beat out the rear bumper from when the kid backed into a stump, so now it doesnt rattle on the body anymore. went to home depo, got a pile of lumber to make garden boxes. going to the hills tomorrow for another load of firewood.

ChrisStewart

installed a set of PRP seats and belts in a wrangler this morning and fixed the fuel gauge. put the wifes tacoma on the lift and removed all the gravel and stuff from the skidplates from hunting season, beat out the rear bumper from when the kid backed into a stump, so now it doesnt rattle on the body anymore. went to home depo, got a pile of lumber to make garden boxes. going to the hills tomorrow for another load of firewood.

How much wood are you trying to get?

ChrisStewart

That poor ford!

I got a skidder that makes things a little easier if your interested.View attachment 64281View attachment 64280
That's the same feeling I get when I see the horses at the rodeo's! This thing wasn't even a tractor when I got it. It doesn't like life sometimes, but it works. Me and my partner (logging not sexual have been looking for a skidder recently. Just looked at a jd541a , but the winch didn't work. Let me know the situation, specs and stuff.

CHOP SHOP

That's the same feeling I get when I see the horses at the rodeo's! This thing wasn't even a tractor when I got it. It doesn't like life sometimes, but it works. Me and my partner (logging not sexual have been looking for a skidder recently. Just looked at a jd541a , but the winch didn't work. Let me know the situation, specs and stuff.
Its not for sale. Its one of our workhorses. We now have a backhoe, a log loader, two dumptrucks, two excavators three sawmills and one skidder!

Its a Garrett 15. Its got a diesel too. Pretty hard to find anymore. I wanted the old simple machine, easy to repair and find parts for. I looked at lots of them and most were WAY overpriced or just JUNK with a parade paintjob. I went all the way down east of Amboy for this one. The old boy had a 400 acre tree farm that had been family property since the 1800s. He had it for 30 years and it spent its life indoors at his place. Its a 1963.

Pulls hard for a small cable skidder.

The JDs are good machines too, but they did things MUCH different than everybody else and they are EXPENSIVE to work on.

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
New tires and wheels on my Baja, new tires and wheels on my Sequoia, ready to put rebuilt engine in Baja, ordered plate bumpers for my T100, got the Cougar our of strorage, yard work, irrigation, weed control, and work... pretty much sums up everything I have been doing.

CHOP SHOP

I went to the woods.

We took the wife's GMC canyon over an unnamed pass thats about 50 miles of single lane and dirt road today.

At the top we got into the snow. The truck was going great until the front driveshaft PUKED its guts. Why the fuck GM decided to put cherokee parts on this driveline I will never understand.

So we hooked it up to pull it about 40 feet to dry ground to asses the situ.

Hook fell off when pulled, and caught the tranny line on its way out and RIPPED the line right out of the radiator.

My wife was already upset that I broke her PUSSY ASS truck in 8 inches of snow and now its shooting/bleeding tranny fluid 8 feet straight out front like it just got it its neck sliced in a prison brawl.

She looked at me like I murdered it!!! Ya know, 30 miles up the hills from a one tavern town in the middle of nowhere!