Should we close the forum?

Should we close the site?

• No, I'd like to see where it could go.

Votes: 107 64.8%
  • Yes it should die in a fiery crash.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 47 28.5%

• Total voters

soundline

I have been an active member on a number of forums over the years. They are definitely going the way of the 8 track though. Only retro old timers will be on them soon.

most of the information I used to get off here is now on YouTube videos. Honestly, my advice would be to start a YouTube channel teaching people how to modify, drive, wheel, and camp. There’s so many of you that could be invaluable in passing your knowledge along to the next generation of enthusiasts

Dogfather

I'm like all the rest. I personally love forums you can find build information, upgrade Ideas etc to help you make a better informed decision. But as the kids come up and all live on facebook. They are the ask someone era where some of us old timers spent many hours on forums reading thread after thread...

IMO if you can afford it keep it if not oh well another good Horse put out to pasture....

demontang

Id honestly like forums back. Face book etc is just click bait bs. Shot me some notifications of activity and it will bring me back for sure. I always check forums when i need realy info or build ideas.

BigBluePile

Tough call. I hate FB groups. There's a ton of the same groups all over FB all whining about why the other groups suck. There's no real easy way to search anything on there and the same jackwagons ask the same repetitive questions and telling them to Google search or check a forum (what's a forum...?) gets all the internet gangsters up in arms attacking. If the forums stay online then the in depth information will always be available. Hell, I still go thru 4x4wire, yotatech and t4r.org for tech. Plus, with what's available on YouTube, you don't even have to read!

Anyways, long story short, keep it online for tech. As far as a meeting place? Meh...

MT4Runner

Sorry, I was never that active a participant, and got out of wheelin' about 5 years ago. Too many egos on the trail, it was no longer fun.

tbull

I don't use social media. I appreciate forums and regret that they're dying off.

Reactions: JPT

dman1049

I think it would be awesome if this forum came back. I don't think even pirate 4x4 is near as big as it was. Social media has killed off a lot of things.

Tgirl

I haven't been active on here ever really (see post count) , but I am more of a lurker than a poster. As such, I find forums to be about a million times more useful than Facebook or Instagram. I have actual people I can speak to in the real world if I just want to be social, but a tech thread on a forum is can be useful 10 years down the road. I see a lot of forums withering away, but they still have a lot of value in my opinion.
I would have to totally agree with what you said. I am not much of a FB person, sure I have an account and have whittled down my "Friends" to people I truly know and the ones we want to to wheelin or out to dinner, drink a few adult pops we are going to text.
Going to forums these days (the ones that are still up and active) are good for factual tech how to and invaluable when its a Sunday and no ones at the dealership.
Any way to track actual activity i.e. how many people are clicking on site threads or logging in daily or weekly? I got to imagine that covid or not, summer is not the time to be sitting behind your computer. Maybe fall or winter people would check back in?

crash

-Oh no I picked a side-
I would hope you would give it a chance still to see if there is a chance for it to survive. It was hard enough to walk away from what I built but I simply didn't have the time. One thing bookface cannot match though in forums is the tech.

Blind Boy

I chose it should die, not for any bad reason but I think as much as I have been apart of this place and all that we have done together times change. life changes and we either change with it or smolder in the ashes of whats left behind. The forum has now long not even smoldered its cold dry ashes blowing in the wind of change and soon the ashes will all be gone with the rest of us. I guess from old memories and one from an old member maybe we should ask ourselves....what would Nuzzy do?

Zoediak

I have not always posted a lot, but I have always enjoyed coming here for tech, questions, information... Pooh’s babes post of course...
I have made many connections and friends over the years.
my junk has been sitting since around the end of 2007/2008 after my dad died... so it kind of got put on the back burner.
my plans are to hopefully get it back on the road, but trying to get my house finished and new shop built first.

but I would like to see it stick around. I have always checked in for new posts and such.

leadfoot067

i parted my wheelin rig in 2014. i dont come here for the tech. my interests shifted..hunting/scouting/exploring are more my style now. we have quads and go go the dunes. soon to have a SXS.. they are the rage now. if anything would jumpstart this place it would be that.IMO. SXS info and tech. if we can get them people here we can teach them not to be douchbags in the forest/make bypasses/ tear up meadows and that kinda stuff...

nwmud

it has been a long time since I have looked at a wheeling forum. I am no longer able to handle a FSR let alone a trail. I dream about them almost daily. anyone interested in buying a bronco or two?? I think this forum can be a great resoure. Good luck and take care.

TravisJ

I had totally forgotten about this site until I got this email... Its a great idea but so many other things have taken its place.
Maybe try to incorporate it into FB and such to tie it all together to get the most out of it as possible.

rcgcj7

I will say this, I know the Muzzleloader forum I'm on is still active, So I think it could still be a good source just need to find a way to keep people active on the forum.
Something else they do not sure if you can it send out a daily email message of what threads had comments posted to it along with any new threads as well.